The Hinata Gang : Guild Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gathering grounds for the iRO Ymir server guild, The Hinata Gang!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to the guild forums of The Hinata Gang! If you are seeing this message, you are most likely a friendly, fun loving member of our family! If not, well I suppose you wont be around for long will you? ^_^ If anyone has any ideas for improvement to our forums please let me know! Now go have some fun!

Any games worth renting or buying?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Neby

Neby

Any games worth renting or buying? Empty
PostSubject: Any games worth renting or buying?   Any games worth renting or buying? EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 11:15 am

Instead of just movies, here is one for games as well~!

I was thinking about renting that new game Catherine, but it looks like Blockbuster doesn't carry it. xD

Oh well, maybe will try gamefly.

I have a pre-order for Deus Ex that comes out later this month. (if they don't delay it again.) The RPG FPS has always been interesting to me. =)

And yes, I also got a pre-order on Dead Island and Skyrim before you mention it! (another RPG FPS)

How about everyone else?
Back to top Go down
OvanEC

Any games worth renting or buying? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any games worth renting or buying?   Any games worth renting or buying? EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 4:39 pm

I've tried GameFly before, for all of 1 trial period month. I played 2 games in that time. I did this back around when they first started (and or clarification, a few short months after Kingdom Hearts 2 came out). The games I rented, in this order, where Chaos Legion and Kingdom Hearts 2. While I can't give much advice on what to do about GameFly, I say give it a shot, at least for a trial period if you can. I'd say more if I had the service longer than a month but it wasn't bad when I tried it.

I loved Chaos Legion when it first came out, even though it was sort of a test game for Capcom. Apparently Chaos legion was made in an effort to test how many characters they could fit on a screen at once. Wasn't the best of games, but it had it's charm. The game mechanics allowed you to summon apparitions that would fight beside you. The story... could have been better but it wasn't too bad either. I'm big on story telling in video games so I think that's why I liked the game more than anything else at the time.

Kingdom Hearts 2 was a great game. Much better than the first in several aspects, but at the same time it lacked a lot of the things (for me, anyways) that made Kingdom Hearts 1 a great game. I loved the usage of Disney and Final Fantasy characters to tell the story - in both games. But overall, I'd say that the first was better for me. Especially the battle between the main character, Sora, against Sephiroth, the main antagonist of Final Fantasy 7.

Though I highly recommend either game, they're quite old and both are for the PlayStation 2. More recent games I've played and liked quite a bit include Dead Space 2 and Infamous 2. I know, I know. Neither of those are RPGs or FPS. Rather, Dead Space 2 is 3rd Person Shooter, but honestly it's solid game for the shooter genre.

An (old) RPG I can suggest is The World Ends With You. Not sure if you've heard of or played that game before but its a very interesting take on RPGs for the Nintendo DS. As for newer stuff, Square is already putting the good word out about Final Fantasy XIII-2. They said, in an article I read about it in Game Informer Magazine, that it be everything all of the fans wanted 13 to be but wasn't. I'm really looking forward to that.
Back to top Go down

Any games worth renting or buying?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Hinata Gang : Guild Forums :: Out of Game Fun House :: Movie and Game Discussion-
Jump to: